1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me with my loquat tree!!

Discussion in 'Trees' started by SuperBubbleGumHaZe, Apr 4, 2017.

1. SuperBubbleGumHaZe

SuperBubbleGumHaZe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey so i have a loquat tree about three yr old and its very bushy however last year i accidently tore into some of the main stem during pruning.
    The growth on top of the injured bit is growing but not as vigorously as before so i wanted to completely get rid of the damaged part and start again.
    My question is if i was to cut below this part would the plant die from shock since all the leaves are above? Thanks.

Plant is in a 20L container. It has no leaves or any buds that i can see below i wanted it to form into a bush so i removed all growth below and left about 4 branches

Attached Files:

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,976
    I've only got a small one of these planted last spring, but I do find them pretty vigourous so I'm fairly sure it would shoot from the cut back stem.
    And now would be a good time to do it.

You just need to hope there are some dormant buds.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • SuperBubbleGumHaZe

SuperBubbleGumHaZe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +2
      Thanks have made the cut hope it makez it :)

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1