Pleased

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sussexgardener, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    With this mild weather the garden is drying out so I've been able to get out and have a potter around. Just wanted to report that quite a few of my herbaceous perennials are showing their new growth, (including a few I was doubting on making an appearance again) and I have bulbs sprouting all over the place, including in places I don't remember planting them :scratch:

So I am really rather pleased. Now if everyone could request the powers that be for Spring to arrive early, followed by a decent summer, I'd be delighted:D

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,594
    Spring is coming. The tree at the bottom of my garden has started to show some growth in its new buds. It always waits until it is sure the worst of the weather has passed, and it is usually right:)

Also, my honeysuckle is showing loads of new growth.

Not long now.

3. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes I think we are on the move lots of little things starting to swell there buds wonderful thing nature freezing icy cold last weeks and now a bit of warmth and we are off wont be long now like you say clue :thmb:

4. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Spring is most definitely here, my hydrangeas are showing very green growth, my crocuses are all in flower and all of my daffs are showing yellow petals.

Mother Nature strikes again and show me that I was right to trust in her all along.

A huge sigh of relief, I can be normal again and not get worked up over little trifles.

5. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,648
    I think we are still due a bit more cold weather going by the birds' activities - the males are getting amorous but the females aren't bothered right now - and females are always right :)

6. Rhyleysgranny

Rhyleysgranny Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    :lollol:

7. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    l've had a word for you, and the time has arrived-at least you'd think so today, it's a lovely day and l have spent it dividing all my herbacious stuff. loads of new stuff.

8. leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
    Ratings:
    +29
    First real chance to go out into the garden today!! My compost has rotten down nicely and is ful of worms!!! I just planted some chives and tidied up a bit - the daffs are beginning to flower now, and the hyacinths - will obviously have to wait a day or two for the tulips.

9. joyce42

joyce42 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The Hazel catkins look lovely on the edge of the woods with pools of Snowdrops beneath.