1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Poorly Aster

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Jack Sparrow, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,414
    20210930_182313.jpg

My pots have been rather neglected this year. My Aster is looking extremely sorry for itself. I'm hoping, being a perennial, it will come back to life with a bit of TLC. At the weekend, weather permitting, I am hoping to repot it along with a sprinkling of spring bulbs. Is there anything specific that I can do ar this stage? I didn't know if dividing it would help it.

G.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,725
    I wouldn't bother repotting this year, but maybe division and repotting in spring could help next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,320
      I agree with Pete leave till the spring and split and repot into fresh compost ,, use a separate pot for your bulbs I think best this year going into spring

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,725
        I didn't notice the bit about the bulbs.
        Yeah no way grow it in the same pot as bubs, that wont work very well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1