1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Popped up everywhere since autumn

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Green Ranger, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Green Ranger

Green Ranger Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone make some confident suggestions on what this is? So far suggestions have included,
    • Euphobia
    • Purple Toad Flax
    It has popped up in borders, pots and the rockery. Including completely swamping a lavender plant and thyme plant.

20200315_152038.jpg 20200315_152049.jpg 20200315_152215.jpg 20200315_152230.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,630
    Linaria purpurea?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cuttings

Cuttings Super Gardener

Horticulturalist
      Ratings:
      +1,200
      Without seeing, and touching, I would say, Euphorbia mellifera, the leaves look identical, as does the uniform clump, as its one of the easiest to divide.

• Useful Useful x 1
      • Macraignil

Macraignil Super Gardener

Avoiding getting fired.
        Ratings:
        +774
        Looks like Euphorbia to me as well but a different variety than the one I have. If it is, the white sap is said to be damaging to skin when combined with light exposure.

• Useful Useful x 1
        • Green Ranger

Green Ranger Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +0
          Thanks for the swift replies all. Having searched specifically for "Euphorbia mellifera" and looked at a variety of images, it does look like that could be the devil. I shall have to keep an eye on how what's left develops in the spring.

I have absolutely no idea where it's come from, or how it has found it's way into such a wide variety of places. Hey ho.

Thanks again for the input.