1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive thoughts

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Paladin, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Tomorrow..between 11 and 12 noon,I will be in hospital under going tests..I have to complete a test which will cause me intense pain.
    I was wondering if there are any people in the forum who would ..or could ,send me strong positive thoughts, to help me through the ordeal during that time.
    I feel a proper silly sod for asking, and after posting this request ,I probably never log in again because of embaressment.
    Who else can I ask...but my friends in GC?

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    my dear paladin me for one will be with you in mind and spirit and do hope you will not be in to much pain, just remember we are here for you and i can speak for myself and all at gc.
    [​IMG] :love:will be thinking of you tommorow

3. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    dear nick i am thinking of you also i am sure you will be fine let us know the outcome as soon as poss with love, dont be silly you are not to feel embaressed on here we are you good friends on here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    I'll be thinking of you, of course. I won't ever forget how much you've helped me. Definitely a knight in shining armour.......... Good luck, Nick.

Check out your e-mails too.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Paladin.Please don't think you are being a silly sod for asking for our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.You are a human being first with thoughts and feelings like the rest of us.

As you say you are going to be in extreme pain and discomfort,but do what I do.Think to yourself,this pain is only going to be for a short time,it won't be very nice but I will come through it.If it means finding an end to the problem,then any amount of pain and discomfort will be worth it.Take a deep breath as the test starts,close your eyes if possible and try and think of nice thoughts,of your family, friends, places you have been to that have brought you happiness and contentment,or even us silly sods who are your friends on GC.

Things will get better if you have that thought and faith behind you.

I will be with you in spirit as will all your friends on here.Never ever give up.You have got a lot more to give this world.

I will be thinking and praying for you at the time.

Take Care my friend.

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS Don't worry about embarrasing yourself.I do that everyday of my lifexxx

6. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My thoughts are with you my friend as im sure other members also,we are one for all and all for one [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    Best wishes for tomorrow Pal,from Mr& Mrs Roders.
    Think positive mate.. [​IMG]

8. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Mr & Mrs.DAG thinking and wishing you well now and will continue to do so until we hear from you again.

Our Son in Law recently had some similar tests done which we were all dreading but, Nick it has been so worth it because it found out the problem and he is now a different person.

This time tomorrow these tests will be in the past!
    Love to you and your family!

9. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Will be thinking & sending good & positive vibes to you my friend lots of love to you Nick.

10. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Nick, just relax - think of cool rippling streams and rivers - sunset over the sea. Whats one day in 365. let alone a few minutes in one day of pain and discomfort to check things out. Let us know how things go, and believe me when I say my thoughts are with you.

11. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Pal and yes - we shall be with you tomorrow. Sounds like a lumbar puncture test or similar. My son had that and yes it does hurt, but not for long. He joked with the doctor and actually said "If you do that again I'll get up and slap you!"

Tests give answers and quieten the agony of not knowing. Hold on to a vision of your garden - see it, smell it and feel it. The pain will be over before you know it. Waiting is worse.

Thinking of you now and tomorrow, words are inadequate. Very best wishes.

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,914
    What can I say? You are in our thoughts and we'll be wishing you well tomorrow.

It's never as bad as you expect so if you expect the worse, it can only be better! [​IMG]

Have sweet dreams tonight! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Bit late for you to read this but I will be thinking of you tomorrow. KYCU!

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14