1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Posts since last visit

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by SpikeTheLobster, May 18, 2005.

1. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    An idea: does UBB Classic have the "view posts since last visit" option? That's always a nice one, especially on a well-ordered forum without twenty million spams per day. [​IMG]

2. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Yes, I agree with this 'view posts since last visit'. As a new member I am still finding my way around the site.

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I have been on the support bulletin board, and came up with this regarding the UBB Classic software ....

The "lightbulbs" and the "folder icons" allow you to see which forums and topics have new posts since your last visit.

Hope this helps for now, but I will keep my eyes peeled for updates on the software.

Nathan.

4. LYNDY2

LYNDY2 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi Nathan,
    THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE, JUST GOES TO SHOW NO COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE, NEW TO WEBSITES,LUTON IS JUST FINE
    LYNDY2

5. Webmaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
  6. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, familiar with that. I'm thinking of the automatic search option that finds everything since last visit. Classic apparently doesn't do it, as it doesn't use a database. Bummer.

The only workaround is to do a search for posts since last visit manually, which sucks. Ah, well.

"Today's active topics" brings back everything since midnight... that's a half-way thing, I guess.

[ 03. June 2005, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: SpikeTheLobster ]

7. Webmaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Spike,

I did have a look for this on the Classic help forums .... But as you say, 'classic' does not have it programmed in ..... There may be a hack, but I do not want to mess up the software, and my support either ;) .

Nathan.