1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Potting shed

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Fred_Dibnah, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Fred_Dibnah

Fred_Dibnah Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone bother with a mains electric supply to their potting shed?

2. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Hi Fred and welcome to the forum.

I have turned my garage into a potting shed, as I never used it for the car. And yes it has electricity. In fact it, along with my summerhouse and greenhouse all have electricity. I don't use it very much in the potting shed, but it powers my radio and its useful to have lights for the odd occasion when it is needed.

As I am tech oriented, it was very easy to put in - with armoured cable and circuit breakers etc. But I am not sure I would bother to pay an electrician to install it now.

I overwinter plants in my summerhouse and greenhouse. And for those it is essential, as I have electric heaters in both to keep them frost free..

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,994
    Hello and welcome to the forum Fred. What's it like in steam heaven?