Preparation of laying Turf

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Gail_68, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Laying Turf should be done in early Autumn or spring...ours was done in september and i thought i would add pictures on how ours was done :)

Make sure the dirt is fully turned over and roots plus any rubbish totally removed and the dirt broken down looking fine and then start racking it level.

My hubby made a wooden level to hit on to the dirt to help flatten it level

Then Hose/water the dirt as it helps when laying the turf on top

If you have a long plank of wood it helps to keep the turf level when laying it down and also hitting on the turf with the wooden level as it helps the turf to rest on the dirt plus helps the joining of the turf.

Turfing finished and then the final look after watering it in the shade.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2018
    • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
      Ratings:
      +6,133
      SUUUUUUPPPPPERRRRRRR -1.jpg Job ...looks fab @Gail_68
      and love the step by step photos really useful to anyone wanting advice on how best to lay a new lawn :love30:

• Like Like x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Thanks @BeeHappy we no longer have the turf..as bruno wrecked it when he was alive kept scrapping it and that fencing i couldn't wait to remove :yes::heehee: