1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pressure washer problem

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by mazambo, Jun 12, 2020.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Hi everyone, I need to clean a lot of gravel before I put it back down, so my idea was to get my pressure washer out put the gravel in the netting builders use around scaffolding and give it a good wash, as soon as I started using the pressure washer it blew the hose fitting apart i tried another with the same outcome, it's been a long time since i used the pressure washer but i don't think it is that, I'm assuming it has something to do with the connection on my hosepipe?
    20200612_104055.jpg 20200612_104002.jpg 20200612_104044.jpg

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    @mazambo, presume the black plastic port on the washer is the water inlet? If it is this will only be mains pressure, not that high.
    I would get a new set of good quality hose connectors. Hoselock or Gardena.
    Is that a brass quick snap connector on your hose end, or does it just screw on? If you are fitting a Hoselock type connector cut the hose back 100mm and soak end in hot water before assembling to connector.
    If you can't get to a shop, this place is very well priced and good delivery :blue thumb:
    https://www.ffx.co.uk/Search/ElasticRefine/K=HOZELOCK/1/7

• Agree Agree x 1
    • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      Thanks @HarryS yes the black port is a screw on inlet, and yes the hose end is a quick snap connector but I think it's some sort of flowback thing, you can take the spray gun out without switching off the water I think that's the problem.

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      The quick hose connector is fitted with a non-return-valve, I wouldn't think that would be the problem. I would just put good connectors on all round, it should work then. (famous last words :biggrin:)

• CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
      Ratings:
      +4,330
      Sometimes there's a gasket or O-ring that gets brittle and doesn't keep the seal. Worth changing those regularly anyway. If I get leaks on connectors, a lot of times that solves it. But I'd agree with @HarryS - there can be quite a difference in quality of the connectors

• Like Like x 1