1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Prince Andrew in the news again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mike Allen, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    Todays news has refreshed the matter of Prince Andrew and the American sex chap. This time a woman clearly shown in a world-wide photo also showing the prince.
    Attention is drawn to the fact that the US, legal system is still requesting, the prince to attend and answer questions.

Casting our minds back to the TV interview in this matter. Prince Andrew seemed to appear what we might call. A right chump. Yes of course Buck House, stands by him and denies any wrong doing.

Having served as a police officer, I am well aware that any dealings involving the royals and diplomats and certain other public figures, carry a different procedure. However. What say you. Would you agree that no one is above the law, even royalty.

2. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,941
    If you break the law and get caught then you paid the price, there should not be two level of law, but some get away with it some don't

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,995
    Maybe we should offer them a swop.
    We hand over Andrew and the Yanks hand over that woman who killed that young bloke on his motorbike and then claimed diplomatic immunity and left the country pretty quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +49,613
      Many years ago, back in the dark ages :heehee:, when I was a trainee my boss of the day (owner of the business) taught me how to assess people to give them credit or not. As he said "Laddie, this is my money we are loaning out, not a bank's, so if we get it wrong it comes out of my pocket and do it enough that means it hits yours" - - so I honed a fairly reasonable talent at sizing people up.

My point? Would I give credit to Andrew? Would I hell as like.

He is a slippery character, and he is up to his neck in something that I think we only know the tip of the iceberg on. I truly suspect there is a LOT of people, all very high profile that are now bricking it, and my betting money starts with the Clintons.

• Like Like x 1
      • CecyFleur

CecyFleur Apprentice Gardener

Editor
        Ratings:
        +14
        I'd agree nobody is above the law, even royalty. They're just people after all.

At best, he seems to have turned a blind eye to the trafficking and assault of children (teenage girls are still children after all, hate the weird media phrase 'underage women' - you're either a woman, or you're underage and therefore a child), at worst he has engaged in that abuse. It's pretty serious stuff, and to ignore that because he was born into a certain family would be a terrible message to send out and make us look like a creaking old Ghormenghast of a nation.

Anyway, there's my two pennies worth!

• Friendly Friendly x 1