1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

PRINTER HICCUP

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by nathan7, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a dell 924 printer and a few times over the last 12 months the paper jam has been playing up, I have put new paper in, and changed the paper, but no joy , The paper starts to go in the printer but stops after going in about a quarter of the way and stops, the printing still carries, on as if it was printing normally any ideas please many thanks

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Hi Nathan. I'm afraid I can't really offer any definative solution as printers are extremely complex in their mechanics with stepper motors and sensors involved.
    Your printer obviously 'thinks' the paper is moving as paper feed and the movement of the printer head are linked. My guess, and it is a guess, is that something is jamming the paper, but that the paper feed roller is still moving.
    One thing to try is trimming an A4 sheet into long strips 2 or 3 inches wide, feeding them through and seeing if some make it through and others don't, the one or ones that don't should provide an indication of the location of any jam.
    You'll need to take the cover off the printer to gain access to the roller to clear any jams.