1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

PRINTER HICCUP

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by nathan7, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a dell 924 all in one printer, I have changed the paper but the problem is still there, the paper is in the feed tray but only goes down to about a quarter of the way down, the printing still carries on but no paper , my lcd tells me to un jam the paper which I have done but still no joy any ideas many thanks

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Hi Nathan, there's a site on-line called Fixya which you might try. You can get advice from the staff and also the people putting posts on there. Bit like Gardeners Corner. Good Luck!!

3. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    No expert Nathan - but for what it's worth.
    Is that a new printer you have which has never worked properly ? (ie not a new problem with something that worked before). If so then
    I got a new Epsom printer when I got my new lappy.
    I had similar problems and problems with the printer grabbing the paper. Generally there seemed to be a problem with the paper going through the printer.
    Was very frustrated by it.
    Eventually read the basic instructions and got a list of which papers would work with the printer.
    Got the correct paper and problem solved.
    It seems paper is not just paper.

4. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you all I now have another printer lexmark 4650 set it up but now the pop up is saying usb port is not working I have checked and it is in the same port as my other printer was do I have to tell the computer or how ? ?

5. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,817
    Hi Nathan7 Have I missed something /have you set up as wireless or just USB connection.:)

6. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Try testing the port by plugging in another USB device such as a memory stick.

Did you load a driver for the printer before you connected it and switched it on?

Have a look in 'my computer' - 'system information' - 'hardware'. It should list your USB ports and if you click on them will show if they are working and allow you to run a check on any faults. (Applies to Win XP not sure about later versions)

7. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Woo I dont know if it is set for wireless or usb connection, When we had it I plugged it in and put cd in and that showed me how to load inks etc, the orange light on the front flashes for awhile and the press buttons seem to work but I cant get the usb port / cable to work how do I set that up please many thanks

8. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,817
    Hi Nathan try this first my friend:)Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work ,If not we will try something else:)