1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Printer Inks

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by nathan7, Mar 17, 2011.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Do printer inks differ in price a lot, our dell ,printer is playing up, so my good lady has a Lexmark x4650 in mind but the ink seems quite expensive, Can you buy other than the lexmark brand ?

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Sure you can.. without dropping any web site ads...go search goggle for " Inkjet printer inks"
    There are several alternatives as well. I have been using them for years with no problems.
    One site often gives you 3 for 2

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,549
    I buy mine in the supermarket. They usually have a good selection. :)

4. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I buy my ink jet cartridges from Ms (no not that Ms), but I mostly use my colour laser now. As it's 2400dpi it does a reasonable job with photo's too, the toner refills are reasonable as well. Normal text gives around 4,500 pages per set of cartridges and you don't have to use special paper for photo's. You don't get blocked jets either, my laser stood idle in the shed for three years and after a few pages to clean it up it worked perfectly.