1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pruning a new ginko

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Oogle The Poogle, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Oogle The Poogle

Oogle The Poogle Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG] Hi!

I was recently given a Ginko Biloba, which I planted 2-3 months ago. It seems to be doing well.

However, there is a fork quite low in the tree, and as a result it has two parallel trunks close together. About two feet above the fork, they cross and rub. I suspect it'll do the tree no favours in the long term.

Should I cut off the smaller of the two trunks at the fork? If so, at what time of year should I best so this?[​IMG]

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,599
    My guess would be it would be OK to do it now.
    Or a bit later if you prefer.
    Just wouldn't do it after January.