rabbit friendly lawn feed

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by joc, May 11, 2017.

1. joc

joc Apprentice Gardener

mum
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I have two pet rabbits which have full access to my garden during the day and a son who likes to play football. Between them they have completely ruined the lawn - there are bare patches where my son plays football and the rabbits have just eaten the rest, there are also some patches of moss. I have thoroughly raked the lawn to get rid of the dead grass and the moss. Can anyone please advise me on what I can do to help the grass grow that will not poison the rabbits once they eat it. I am able to keep them off the grass for a while (they have an outdoor pen). Thanks. Joc.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,648
    Astroturf or keep the rabbits off the lawn permanently

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

3. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner :sign0016:

Soak the rabbit poo in a bucket of water for a week and use that as a feed :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • joc

joc Apprentice Gardener

mum
      Ratings:
      +1
      That would please my son:) but I don't think the rabbits would enjoy it!:sad:

• Funny Funny x 1
      • joc

joc Apprentice Gardener

mum
        Ratings:
        +1
        Thanks I will try that. There's normally poo all over the garden anyway so i'll collect it up and put it to soak.:blue thumb:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        They eat there own poo to digest the celulose so it shouldn't do them any harm. Let your boy have a whiff of it and threaten to soak his football boots in it if the lawn gets damaged again :heehee: