1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Raspberries

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Arlandria, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Arlandria

Arlandria Gardener

Parent/Carer
    Ratings:
    +284
    Anyone growing them / grown them in the past?

My daughter is a bit obsessed with them so I impulse-bought a plant - a Yummy, which is apparently a dwarf variety that's easy to grow and will be happy in a pot. It's just been dispatched so should be here early next week.

I've got plenty of pots to choose from but was wondering how strongly I should follow the advice to pot in John Innes 3 - I don't have any and would rather not have to buy a bag if I can get around it, as I don't have any other use for it right now.

Any other raspberry-growing tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      Raspberries like a pH 5.0-6.5 My opinion is, they will probably do well in most multipurpose composts. In general they are what I'd term, a placid fruit. They don't demand much. Usually grown as cordons. They will do well in containers.

• Like Like x 2
      • Arlandria

Arlandria Gardener

Parent/Carer
        Ratings:
        +284
        Thanks Mike! This is a bush variety so I shouldn't need to worry about cordons, which was the appeal.

• Agree Agree x 1