Re.Hosepipe ban in South of UK

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Doug, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Doug

Doug Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am in a wheelchair and found it very easy to get an exemption from the ban.
    My water company is Veolia and they have an application form on their website.
    Its simple to complete and 5 days later I received an e'mail authorizing my use of a hosepipe.
    Hope this helps anyone else in the same position.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dopey

Dopey Heathrow Nr Outer Mongolia (sunny south)

LGV Films
      Ratings:
      +100
      Thanks for pointing that out to me, I rang them directly.... now I am allowed to use a hose immediately, that's handy, but she told me its ONLY for plants & veg, you still cant clean the car etc, but that's understandable

• Like Like x 2
      • jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
        +206
        I didn't realise I hd to apply to use the hosepipe - I thought my Blue Badge
        was authorisation.

• Doug

Doug Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +14
        I think different water companies have different rules. With mine you have to be registered.I suppose this is so if you get "shopped" they can look at their records and take no further action.

• intel

intel Gardener

Ratings:
        +497
        Thanks for the info Doug, Southern Water also allow an exemption if you are a blue badge holder, you need the Serial number and the expiry date.

And as Dopey said you can only use it to water the garden with one of the those trigger sprays (no open ends or sprinklers) and no longer then an hour per day plus they also request that you use the hose in the morning or in the early evening.

• *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,593
        I have exemption form Anglian water, and can use a hose at cleint's homes to water the garden .... no restrictions whatsoever ...

most of my clients are with Cambridge water, and we don't have a ban (yet), but If a ban is imposed, I will get an exemption