1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Really ANGRY Badger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Badger In a Bale
    March 31, 2009This is one mad badger!
    By the way, it is NOT dead...
    From the Farmer's Perspective: "I would hate to be the one to try and rescue him. I am pretty sure this qualifies as one of the many things that really upsets a badger."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Special thanks in a "tie" from both Fran and Noah who both sent this gem photo series within about one minute at work earlier today!
    Note to Homicidal PETA Terrorists: Don't get me started on this one! This stuff happens on farms, and I'm sure the badger was let go immediately to go and play nice with this farmer's chickens and kittens, and they all lived very gloriously together, forever..

2. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    What a shame for the badger.
    I know they present a big problem in some areas for some people - but not the way you would want any animal to go.
    Do you know - I've lived in the country most of my life and I've never seen a real, live badger.

3. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The badger was released, but probably not without harm to whoever cut him free.

I've untangled herring gulls from fishing line, you keep the beak shut while you're doing so. When finished you shove them away, they still come back & bite you.

Just put your dustbin bags out early Alice & keep an eye on them. Mr Badger will soon find them.

4. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,139
  5. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It could have been like that for this couple.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCp1BBEOlI0"]YouTube - Boursin | "Combine Harvester"[/nomedia]

6. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Don't talk to me about gulls or bins Ziggy.:(
    Many years ago when we weren't too flush and we were trying to get money together to get our lives started, my husband took a job for his summer holidays on the Isle of Mull.
    Everytime I went out to put rubbish in the bin, as soon as I lifted the lid, great big gulls came swooping in and sat on the edge of the bin.:( I was terrified of them.:cry: Talk about The Birds! Eventually I left the rubbish putting out job to my husband and he had to fight them off with the bin lid to get the rubbish out. :pala:I think that was 43 years ago and I still hate the gulls.
    Then there was the Cuckoo who sat on the telephone wire above the house and cuckoed from dawn til dusk
    And the Ewe who had been hand reared and battered her head on the kitchen door all day from 4am onwards - her name was Barbara
    And the Postie who fell off his bike everyday as he turned into the drive
    And the local GP one man practice I was helping out. He had a questionnaire from the Health Board asking how many patients had mental health problems. He asked me to fill out the form and put down everybody except himself and myself.:skp:
    Oh, I had a great time on Mull.
    Sorry Ziggy, back to badgers.

7. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,139
    Oh Alice, what an experience you had on Mull, you should write a book, it would be a best seller!

8. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just spat rum & coke all over the keyboard Alice.:D

9. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Actually, it wasn't all bad on Mull.
    We got a fabulous souvenir - our wonderful daughter :luv:

10. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We got one of those from Mallorca !

She's currently trying to get everyone to buy her topless calender on Facebook. Its Ok, its all for charity :dh:

Oh, don't worry, its not little Willow.