Recommendations for thermostats and thermometers.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rustyroots, Dec 3, 2020.

1. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Hi All,

Starting to think about next years growing and making plans for purchasing seeds etc.

I bought a large heat mat in the summer as it was heavily reduced and the wife doesn't want me using radiators and window sills after we have completed the work on the house. I am looking for suggestions for a good thermostat and ones to stay away from. I am also after recommendations for a GH thermometer, preferably with a min max reading included.

Wife is pestering me for suggestions for Christmas presents and thought one onf these would be ideal for her to get me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Rusty

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,184
      Hi,

If you want something thats plug and play ready , then the InkBird range on Amazon/Ebay is probably as good as any.

If you are capable of simple electrical wiring you could go for the cheaper 1000 models from Inkbird or the much cheaper genetic model the STC1000 on ebay etc.

If you are into electrics and electronics etc, like the Raspberry Pi or Arduino then its not too difficult to make up your own controller.

For a greenhouse themometer, yes a min/max is essential, but go for the type that has a remote connection, eg wifi, BT or RF, so you can monitor the temps from within you house on a remote monitor or phone etc, loads around.

Something like this type is simple to use and no need for a mobile phone connection. Not tried this specific one though.
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z4RD...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
        Last edited: Dec 3, 2020