1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Japanese Maple 25 years old

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Cosmod, May 17, 2020.

?

Red Japanese Maple leaves are going coloured and top leaf branches dry

1. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 30

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cosmod

Cosmod Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone help
    My red Established Japanese Maple has started getting marks on leaves and the top canopy the leaves are crispy and dry.
    What shall I do?

Attached Files:

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,323
    @Cosmod
    I suspect it could be the recent cold snap coupled with cold drying winds, at the moment the foliage is quite tender as it has only just emerged. I would just watch it carefully and see if the problem spreads over the next few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      I have noticed over the past couple of years, how gardeners are becoming more and more aware of problems in the garden and the outside world. This is very commendable. However may I stress. It is so very easy for the average gardener to become perplexed and anxious.

Most appreciativly many forum members go to great lengths to help and advise others. Sometime we as individuals may be able to afford help to a plant/subject. Sadly at other times, even the most quailfied and experienced fail to be of help. Never lose hope. Keep trying and giving support to each other.

• Like Like x 1