1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Redoute’s Roses, beautiful book.

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by hailbopp, Oct 1, 2021.

1. hailbopp

hailbopp Gardener

Ratings:
    +710
    I was given this book as a present some time ago. It is a huge book containing 167 lovely paintings. Many people take some paintings out of the book and use them as prints. The book measures approx 36x 26 cms and weighs over 2.5kg!
    It is a little scruffy on the outside but the paintings are all fine.
    You are more than welcome to have the book for nothing. All I would ask is for the postage which would be about £5 as it is heavy!
    If you wanted to give a small donation to GC so be it.
    2979E1BA-A89B-436A-AD38-C9A35FF2DA70.jpeg
    CF6B2EBF-5A9D-43F2-9AD0-43063CD283E7.jpeg
    FA46661E-8612-4E93-9ED0-2C19C859D1CD.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,160
      That is a beautiful book, hope it finds a good home.

@wiseowl springs to mind.

• hailbopp

hailbopp Gardener

Ratings:
      +710
      Found a good home JWK. Mentioned it to a neighbour and they gave me £20 for it. They are artists and do their own framing so they can frame some of the paintings cheaply. Their plan is to then sell the framed paintings and donate the money to the local community group who are raising money to plant trees in a local park as our beloved council, not! have neglected it for years. I’m donating some of my many:rolleyespink: Christmas Trees to the project and will use the £20 to buy my favourite tree (Sorbus Sargetiana) which will also be planted in the park. The community group have already been promised trees by the Woodland Trust?...Think that who is donating so we should be able to go a long way to replacing many of the trees which have died out over the years.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1