1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Redstar's Cats

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by redstar, Nov 1, 2008.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,534
    As I have nine of them. I will try to post a pics of each over time.
    First we have Twitches. He is actually our newest, wandered in past July.

[​IMG]

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    He knows a good thing when he see's it Red, he looks truely at home there on the sofa.:wink: 02

3. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    He also knows how to choose matching furniture to better blend in with it.:D
    lovely cat.

waiting to see the others now.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,361
    Now that is what I call 'laid back' :thmb:

He's lovely :)

5. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Camou-cat relaxes! :D gorgeous cat and picture! Can't wait to see the others!!

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Lovely cat Redstar,we used to have a cat with those markings and called her Tigger,because she looked just like one:)

Thanks for sharing him with us:thmb:

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,720
    Beautiful picture of Twitches, redstar, and I just love that pose. Looking forward to see the rest of the family. :)

8. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +10,534
    [​IMG]

This is Phantom, he weighs in at 15 lbs. one of his favorite things to do is climb a tree near the garage and jump a span of 6 foot to the other garage. Keep missing that with the camera. He got his name because he could hide so well as a kitten, and the marks on his face. When off to the vet in the carrier, his protest sounds like: "Oh me oh my".

[​IMG]

These two are Teddy up on the stump, and his mother (Mom) sitting. Mom is the mother of most of the cats except Twitches and Fluffy.
    Teddy follows me everywhere around the gardens, if he is dead asleep and I leave the house for the gardens he is soon behind me.

[​IMG]
    These two under the car in the summer sleeping, again Phantom and Panther. Panther has the prettiest voice, he sings different meows when we talk together, very sweet guy.

[​IMG]
    And this is Unkie, he's a big male, who unfortunately I can't capture or trap to get fixed yet. I will keep trying. He is very timid and shy. I can only pet him when he is eating, he's very muscled. He comes when I call him and will eat all my left overs.
    Ok, all for now, have to find more on this lap top or take more.

9. UJH

UJH Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovely cats, Redstar :)

10. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Wow, Redstar, nine cats! The ones we've seen so far look lovely and it's so nice to hear the stories you give for each one. I especially like the 'talking' one:)

Looking forward to seeing the rest - 2 to go isn't there?

cheers

11. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +10,534
    Thanks borrowers. Three more to go. And their names are: Fluffy, Sissy, and Ol'man.
    And they are all in great shape. I think I have their pics some where on this lap top.
    [​IMG]
    The one in the fore ground is Ol'man and behind him is Phantom (again). Ol'man is the eldest, and unfixed, he is too smart to
    get in my trap, and I think I have to be in the mood to neck grab him to go to the vets. But old man, is love with Mom, he follows her everywhere,
    he thinks she will come in heat any day now, poor fellow. So since he is faithful to her, and does not wander, I kinda put off the fixing thing for him.
    I do have some pics somewhere of the two of them sitting together just looking out to the garden like two old folks, which they do often.
    Mom cat by the way, if her big son Unkie does not give her the correct attitude whatever that is, she will off and bat him, and he cowers for mercy.
    She's the same way with her "lover" (Ol'man) Some days she mushes up to him, other days, bats him, typical women I guess.
    And furthermore, all Mom's children keep a keen eye on her as they move past her to go somewhere, for fear of a swatting.
    The social interactions at times can be quite amusing.

12. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Redstar, it must be nice just to sit back and watch the interaction of your cats. Quite relaxing and amusing. Do you know who the 'dad/s' are to Moms cats? I just wondered about the colouring etc but then I don't know much about cats. My brother & s-i-l (who recently passed away in her early 50's) had a cat when they were first married called Barney. He had the same colouring as Twitch & Unkie but was long haired. They had a couple more cats over the years but Barney was my favourite, he just went and laid in the garden one day and died. Whether he went to that particular place isn't known but it was tucked away in the corner - who knows?

Sorry didn't mean for this to turn out morbidly:(

Looking forward to the last 3 - love all their names btw.

cheers

13. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +10,534
    Borrowers, would not venture who the dad or dads are. When a cat or dog is in heat there can be more than one donor in a litter. There is a big orange tabby that comes on the property once in a blue moon, maybe to see if fixed mom will be in heat, he is chased off by Ol'man. The other cats mom had have been adopted out to good homes, and they were the cream orange tabby type , and she also had a solid black one also in a nice home. Mom's had a total of two litters, before I got smart, the first was three kittens, Unkie, Sissy and Panther. The second litter was seven kittens, Teddy, Phantom, and with good families are Inky, Boots, Blotter, Blondie, and Pumpkin. And I still have two more pics to go: Sissy, and Fluffy. I am glad your enjoying the family pics.

14. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Great cats and great pics, redstar. I would have a housefull in a heartbeat if I could. Am sorely tempted to go for #3 at the moment as I have always had three cats before. Just my two present boys are so possessive of their patch!

15. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I must agree with everyone about your lovely cats and the stories about them, just love them all.

I unfortunately don't have a cat or cats at the moment. My last one, Gato, went up to Cat Heaven last year, bless him. He looked similar to Twitches and he is my avatar.

Thanks for sharing them with us.