1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember Rudyard Kipling

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Fran, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    The first paragraph of a funny sent to me, struck a chord. "The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists themselves have been re-categorised from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666."

The same chord that resonated when I read Rudyard Kiplings Et Donna Ferantes. We may be multi cultural - but the traits are still there. :D :D :D

2. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    My favourite Poet. (Although he insisted he wasn't one.) I won his "Complete Works" when I was at school for being able to recite the whole of "Gungha Din" but read "The Children"