1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair to Resin Container

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by HarryS, Apr 11, 2019.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    We have a small patio fountain. The base is approx an 18" cube , and is made I presume from some form of resin. It is quite heavy. It has developed a small leak, you can see the drip mark on the right side of photo. What sealant could be used to fix this ? The repair would be under water. Would a two part injection resin seal and adhere to the inside ?
    TIA

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
      Ratings:
      +4,411
      It's worth a try.

Make sure it's clean and completely dry before using it.

Is it on a side seam?

It might br worth tying some strong cord round it and tighten it by turning it with a stick or screwdriver, to compress it whilst it's sticking.

• Like Like x 2
      • andrews

andrews Super Gardener

Waste Management and Consultancy
        Ratings:
        +2,369
        I used fibreglass matting to repair a crack down the corner of a new resin pot and its lasted fine over the winter.

Reported the fault to the supplier and they sent a replacement but didn't want this one back so it was free (apart from the fibreglass kit off ebay)

• Like Like x 2
        • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +16,246
          The leak is a hairline/invisible one, the water is very slowly dripping at two corners. So I need to run a sealant fillet along all the internal edges. Instead of a two part epoxy I found this magic stuff at Screwfix. Geocel Works, it's a sealant adhesive that can even be applied under water! I'll collect it and try it tomorrow. Then down to two options - it works or it doesn't :biggrin:
          ae235.jpg

• Like Like x 2