Replacement connectors for mini greenhouse

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Liz, May 10, 2008.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Last year I bought a little overflow greenhouse for £25 from Morrisons. It is made with the usual type of construction, hollow metal rods which push into multi way plastic connectors. This spring I decided to move it and was half way through when driven inside by rain. That night there was a gale [sod's law] and a lot of the connectors were broken. To my surprise I can't find anywhere that supplies them. I've found a similar type which push into the tube, but my tubing is too big, and also rubber ball connectors but the holes are too small.
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer, please?

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I have the same problem Liz, Ive lost count how many times mine was blown round the garden!:mad: It's the casing that the rods fit into with mine that are broken. I think I'll just have to tape it up the best I can. If you do find replacement parts Liz I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Good luck :thumb:

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Oh i feel for you. How annoying is it to just have one piece missing? Someone on here is very good at making things (that doesn't sound right:)) but he will know who i mean, maybe he can offer some help.

Seems these days one is supposed to throw away rather than do and mend.

cheers

4. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i'll have a look in the garage to see if I kept any bits when my plastic greenhouse gave up the ghost, don't hold out much hope though!!!! my only other thought, you could try a camping shop, they sometimes have replacement corner angles for frame tents and awnings???

5. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0