1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rescue Orchid ID please

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Selleri, May 27, 2020.

1. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +7,635
    Hi,
    what is this rather ugly and unruly species please? I rescued it from Sainsburys nearly dead, now it's flowering. The pseudobulbs are quite big, about mango-stone size, and the flowers small. The flowers are speckled maroon with a lemon yellow wavy lip that matures to white. I happen to hate anything brown or yellow but this one is excused for now :biggrin:

orchidbody.JPG unknownorchid.JPG
    upload_2020-5-27_18-40-26.png
    upload_2020-5-27_18-42-1.png
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
      Ratings:
      +28,410
      I think it is one of the Oncidium cultivars (used to be Odontoglossum) and a nice specimen and as you have found out, easy to grow indoors.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
      • Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
        +7,635
        Thanks @strongylodon , I googled Oncidium and indeed you are spot on :dbgrtmb:

upload_2020-5-28_7-29-2.png
        upload_2020-5-28_7-30-14.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1