Respected gardening organisations and you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mike Allen, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    I have been a Fellow/Member of the RHS since around 1959. I respect much of what they represent. However. I wonder. Have you experienced similar circumstances. Keeping up with their, (whatever organisation) You ask a question. If you are lucky you may? get a reply. Yet reading the journals etc, the same names continue to fill the popularity spaces.

Do you perhaps feel rebuffed?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +117,307
      I'm sorry you feel disappointed. I only occasionally write to the organisations that I belong to but have never failed to get a reply. I, even less frequently, send something for publication and they generally include them but if they don't they always acknowledge anyway.

We used to be members of the RHS but left them when they started charging members entry to the Chelsea Flower Show. We went every year on Members' Day and it wasn't too crowded. Once they stopped it it became horrendously crowded and that's when we left. It's obviously a big fundraiser for them so they made that decision to increase income.

• Friendly Friendly x 1