Rosas new patio

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by rosa, Feb 20, 2010.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres pics of before of my back yard hopefully in 2 weeks time the weather will be better to start the decking and put small fencing up to divide bottom of neighbours part, i took some moss up on my area yesterday just need to put moss killer down but cant do it till its dry been a bit of snow in the night.
    ive just ordered from thompson & morgan clotted cream jazmine 5 plants in 5cm pots thanks marley for the link, im going to put them on each side of my arch which is going in front of my back door, cant wait to get it done. going to garden centre in march see what else i can get for my yard as i dont get sun probably because the yard walls are that high im pleased really as it makes it private.
    anyway heres pics will update later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres pics i took this morning of the snow in back yard not a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my area is to the right of this pic

[​IMG]

3. loopy lou

loopy lou Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    its a nice space - reminds me of my garden in london

it looks bigger than your last garden space and you will make it wonderful - i love your metal chairs perfect for a quiet coffee in the garden

Loopy

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,123
    Ooh rosa, what a great space...!! :thumb: Get rid of the garage door & you will have your own space.....!! I know you will have that looking a picture very soon I know..!! You actually have quite allot of space, so lets see what sun you do actually get during these coming summer months.... Then you will see what other plants are also suitable for your yard for next year..!! :thumb: Great stuff rosa it is a big step you have taken now so lets see what you do with the yard compared to your balcony... You are spoilt for space almost at present I am sure but it will soon be full...!!! :yho:

5. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,375
    Missed something Rosa, did you say you moved?

6. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    I know Red, did you move Rosa?

Anyway, if your balony is any indication the place will be heaving with beauties before the year's end. I can't wait.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks everyone, redstar and lollipop yes i moved, marley that whole yard area isnt mine its a shared yard so im putting half way near my back door a small fence and gate and getting a small shed ive seen in B&Q, apparently i dont get sun here so have to look for plants that will be ok.
    loopy those green chairs are plastic the other ones are metal maybe thats the ones you mean, i have a large wooden table and directors chairs so just need to put table up think i will wait till the decking is put down hopefully its getting started beginning march just hope weather is fine.
    once i get it done will take more pics and put them up

8. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hiya Rosa, a whole new adventure hey.:yho: I bet you cant wait to get started.:cutflwrs: Hope you and hubby will be happy in your new home.:gnthb: 02

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +549
    Go Rosa :yho:

Sorry I haven't been around much - I have been a bit preoccupied with things here and now have another "thing" to contend with - oh the joys of having two sons :dh: At my age I would just like a quiet life. We have missed you off the forum too.

I am soooo excited for you and your new space to fill with plants, pots, chairs etc. As Marley said you will have it looking fantastic soon and you have moved in at just the right time. Look forward to seeing more pics.

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,241
    I didn't know you had moved, if your yard ends up looking like your balcony it will be a picture.:gnthb:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks takemore, jazmine and strongy, cant wait for weather to clear up and get yard done, takemore hubbys not with me we parted ways but still remain friends, bought a small shed at B&Q getting it delivered thursday flat packed so staying in hall till the yard is decked, as soon as its done will take more pics.

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Great space Rosa, cant wait to see it in bloom.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks penny as soon as i get it all done will put pics up for everyone to see, will look a lot nicer than its looking at present yard has never been used in years.

14. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hi rosa:thumb:...My my,a whole new project!...Bet it'll soon be brimming over that wall with plants. I reckon your neighbour would be pleased if you filled up their half too:D

15. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Good luck to you Rosa I have an idea you will want more room when you get started all the best Colin :thmb: