1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rotovator?

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by raebhoop, May 9, 2012.

1. raebhoop

raebhoop Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +167
    I want to have a go at shifting this lot.Obviously a big rotovator would turn it over,but I'd rather buy than waste money on rental.My health prevents my forking it over bit by bit..I just want to turn it over and remove as many weed roots as I can.Has anyone bought one of the cheaper rotovator/tillers that would be up to the job? I was going to strim and rake it first.

[​IMG]

2. Kleftiwallah

Kleftiwallah Gardener

Retired by circumstances.
    Ratings:
    +568
    Forget the rotavator, first attack it with a scythe!:lunapic 130165696578242 5: I think it would just laugh at a strimmer. Cheers, Tony.

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,127
    I’d dig those nettles up by hand and tease out the roots with a fork, otherwise the rotavator will chop up roots and each little piece will re-grow again.

You might be better off using Roundup if you aren't adverse to chemicals.

What are you intending to plant once it’s cleared?