Sago Palm help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by flower_sitter, Nov 10, 2020.

1. flower_sitter

flower_sitter Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I am desperate for some help with my Sago plants. I have 2 beautiful plants and have had them for the past 18 months and they were just starting to grow new fronds.
    Unfortunately I have had to temporarily move flat and my new patio is north facing and with it getting colder I have bought them inside.
    One of the plants has fully grown new fronds but now the leaves are going light green/yellow on the tips. The other one has grown full sized shoots but the fronds growth has completely stopped and they are now brown.

I really don’t want the plants or leaves to die but I’m not sure what i can do to help nurse my plants back to happiness!

Any advice would be super appreciated.

Thank you

Flower Sitter

Attached Files:

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,314
    Cycas revoluta, first thing is, when they are growing a flush of new fronds its best to not move them, even turing the plant round before the fronds have hardened can cause them to become twisted and misshapen.
    I realise in you position that was not possible.

Difficult to say but my guess is they are now in a too dryer atmosphere.

These are strange plants that hate change especially when growing a new flush of leaves.

Never found them to be fully hardy, so, outside is a gamble, but indoors is too.

I'd give them as much available light that you can, close to a window and maybe mist two or three times a day.