1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Salix pink flamingo dying???

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by xxxDawnxxx, Jul 14, 2022.

1. xxxDawnxxx

xxxDawnxxx Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    42B4139B-0649-4A89-9B20-99FFD8B77CFC.jpeg Hi all, as you can see from the photos my salix flamingo is not in good shape. It has some new shoots appearing, I’ve given it lots of water. Was bought last year, a grafted tree. I’ve not had one before and wondering how I can make this look healthy again? Is it the heat that could be doing this? I’m amateur sorry any suggestions please!!!!! 93467E47-168B-4528-A44B-E86425FEB781.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  2. CostasK

CostasK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +22
    Mine has some brown tips as well. I try to keep it well watered at all times. They are used to growing next to rivers in nature, so they like getting lots of water. I suspect that a bit of browning is normal, it's probably the sun making some of the more tender leaves crispy, but if the issue is extensive, you might want to consider your watering schedule. The brown leaves won't go back to being green of course, but as this is a deciduous plant, it should look much better in the next growing season.

• Like Like x 1
    • xxxDawnxxx

xxxDawnxxx Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      I probably don’t water it as much as I should. I will start to do it more regularly thank you for taking the time in responding, I appreciate your help. :thankyou:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,932
        Some variegated leaf plants scorch easier than their green leaved relatives, I think its just how they are.
        The heat and bright sunshine of recently would probably be the cause.

• Agree Agree x 1