scared twice in same incident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chitting kaz, May 2, 2012.

1. chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,616
    was on a call today in work pull up outside house, checked side mirror, nothing comming, started to exit car (im on the straight but is a curve about 50 meters behind me in a 20 mile zone as schools in area) i hear traffic (i am loving this aid) looking behind me i can see a car rounding the corner i stay close into the car and pull door back into my body as i dont feel i have enough time to exit safely, there is infact 2 cars passing first one nods as if in acknowlegement to me the second hits the car door edge with his wing mirror and slams on his brakes !
    the door and been ripped from my grip but amazingly has no damage at all i am shaking like a leaf the owner of car gets out and is screamming blue murder at me saying that i just slammed my door into his car as he was passing and demanded cash on the spot to fix it ( he has BMW and has disintergrated his mirror)
    felt so intimidated i got bcak into car saying that i was phoning my insurance, i phoned the work SOS number and left short detail of situation they called the police, my boss and work colleage got to me faster than the law did mind, he stood infront of the car the whole time (Half an hour) demanding cash even offered to take me to the cash point, he told me that he had phoned the police and said that i was liable. once my manager arrived with a Camera and started taking photo he was gone like a shot.
    i dont know which bit scared me more now the knock or the bloke ..... now i am just so furious ok a still a little scared which annoys me even more !

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,729
    Kaz, that's terrible. Thank goodness your manager got to you so quickly. What is it about BMW drivers? (With apologies to any who may be on the forum - I'm sure you're exceptions :).)

3. watergarden

watergarden have left the forum because...i'm a sad case

Ratings:
    +549
    I carry a camera in my car for this very reason. Are you felling "better" now?

4. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankfully you didn't get hurt Kaz:phew:....proves he was the guilty party or he wouldn't have been so keen to scarper....i'm annoyed now:mad:

5. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,645
    That's a nasty incident Kaz, what is it with some drivers, makes me think he drove into you on purpose to claim some cash.

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. Sounds like a scumbag chancer to me, they also disable the brake lights to claim money when you run into the back of them.

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Never go to the cashpoint with anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      Hi Kaz.
      If you haven't already forward the car reg. to both the Police and Insurer's.
      They can check if the guy has any history.
      It won't help your nerves at all, but may help to build a case against the Scumbag if others are having problems.

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
      Ratings:
      +7,278
      Depends on how they got the Beemer, hard work, monied, or company

I found in my previous company, the ones that rose to the top, got there by arrogance and trampelling on their peers, claiming brownie points, with look at me look at me
      They then got awarded the company beemer, or the income to buy their very own beemer, and the arrogance continued when they drove the car, same as the Range Rovers
      I find it amazing that such expensive cars are not fitted with indicators, Even my SKODA has indicators fitted as standard, also a pedal that controls the speed via my brain and foot, amazing for such a cheap car

I am glad that Kaz is ok though, I only hope she and her manager reported it all

Oh and my previous company is the only one that has not paid my newly retired pension at midnight on my 65 birthday, well nothing at all and two weeks overdue now
      Even MY gov pension was paid at midnight on my 65th

GAMESTEC always took pension holidays when the boss got his latest toy car :-(
      Not looking good 32years and Nowt

Jack McH

• Like Like x 2
      • kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +950
        Someone did this to my sister before, put their brakes on when driving infront of her, think it was a taxi driver in a very run-down car.

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,025
        Good morning Kaz,
        hope all this gentle care from GC mates has helped you. Sometime in your garden, GH or potting shed will put this revolting incident in perspective. **it like that ain't worth a second thought.
        Jenny namaste:grphg:

• Like Like x 1
        • chitting kaz

Ratings:
          +2,616
          morning all (should be saying goodnight) just got back from night shift so sorry for not repling to your kind words and support eariler, :grphg:

well i must say i did dwell on it for a few hours but have now decided that he should be put in a little box along with other low lives that dont deserve my time or emotions, i was scared and shaken at the time and even felt intimidated but now nothing ! i have faced worse and am still here so far lol

• chitting kaz

Ratings:
          +2,616
          thanks claralou
          my manager is like a pitbull she is fab

• chitting kaz

Ratings:
          +2,616
          water garden had camera but was too scared to use it :doh:

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
          +19,594
          There is a word for people like that, but forum rules prohibit me from using it here.

1. If he hit your stationary vehicle, he is usually automatically liable. There is a bizarre exception to that rule. If it had been dark and you'd been parked on the side facing the traffic but even that is not black and white any more.

2. He broke the law the second he demanded cash from you.

3. He broke the law in that if either you or he wanted to make an issue of it, both parties have to exchange insurance details.

I guarantee he knew all this, and that's why he decided to try bullying tactics instead because he knew he was in the wrong.

I also have to wonder, if his insurance is all above board, and if he was so convinced you were liable, then I wonder why he was reluctant to do it by that book.