1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapping old garden and laying new grass

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by a_son_unique, Apr 26, 2010.

1. a_son_unique

a_son_unique Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I wonder if I may be able to seek some advice from somebody here as I'm a complete novice to the world of gardening and in need of some help.

I have a garden that is very messy in respect to the types of grass that it grows, on some parts the grass is neat but mixed in with it all are clumps of thick grass that grows that just totaly spoils the whole thing. This may be the wrong approach but I've been thinking about starting a fresh and digging the whole lot up and replanting new grass seeds.

The only problem is I don't have a clue where to start. I'm guessing the 1st stage would be easy enough which is to dig up old grass and dispose of it but thats about as far as i could go.

I would gratefully appreciate any advice that you could offer.

Kind regards

Alex

2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,948
    :) Hi Alex
    Without seeing it it's difficult to say.
    But it seems that regular mowing ,I mean at least once a week and a good feed and water and spend time on the edges,there would be quite an improvement.

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Good evening Alex and welcome to the site. Any chance of a couple of pics of the clumps?:thumb: