1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Scuba

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Chillimad, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Chillimad

Chillimad The Chilli Grower

Ratings:
    +122
    Just wondered if any one on here was (or has been) a diver. I am a little out of touch with it at the moment due to work and everything, however I did have the pleasure of working for one of the manufactures for a few years which gave me so many opportunities to get in the water.

Scapa.jpg

2. **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,347
    nice pic! I'm not a tech diver, I have my Advanced PADI and have done about 50 dives, all in nice warm water, none off the UK's coast line.

• Like Like x 1
    • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,389
      my nephew the keen fisherman did some diving lessons in Australia and it was quite an experience.

• Like Like x 1
      • Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,089
        I got a PADI certificate in 1987. It was at Bayahibe Beach in the Dominican Republic so no need to bother with wetsuits. It was fun at the time but I was never very good at it. I couldn't manage my buoyancy well so I was always bobbing up and down. I was very nervous too so I ran out of oxygen long before anyone else.

I also did some diving at the Royal Jordanian Diving centre at Aqaba. When I had the full kit on it was all I could do to stagger down the sand and flop in the water. I always wore a wetsuit there so unless you got into the water within seconds there was a risk of heatstroke. The sand was also like a frying pan so plenty of slapstick comedy moments.

In the end I decided I preferred to do some nice low-tech snorkeling, I still got to see a lot of fish that way.

• Like Like x 1
        • Chillimad

Chillimad The Chilli Grower

Ratings:
          +122
          Not normally full tech diving, just had the opportunity to dive a couple of wrecks up in Scapa on a rebreather, the chance had to be taken.
          Get yourself in the waters off the UK, there's loads to see. Try West Coast of Scotland as a nice starter. Or Anglesey, had some nice splashes of that coast line over the years.