Searching for Rosa Valerie

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Mike Allen, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,320
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      Many thanks Sheal. Yes Val was very aptly named. When selecting roses for the garden, I studied the photos and read the details. I was looking for roses that, when friends visited they could also readilly see the various details in the rose and relate that to Val. Perhaps in a way, to that verse. Do not stand by my grave and weep. I'm not there. The verse continues symbolically to describe how each and everyone of us, can and always be able to identify a loved on through the seasons, plants in fact just about everything we see. I will certainly check out you discovery. Many thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
        Ratings:
        +6,097
        I have been searching rose suppliers. Sadly due to many problems, I have lost many roses. I have decided to build my collection and to grow them in suitable sized containers. This to me serves various benefits. Come the fall and plants might be cut down. The containers can be perhaps moved to a corner of the garden where they can rest and not be observed by some as, " a lot of dead sticks" Also being containerised, I will be able to relocate them better. Perhaps finally, and not being morbid. Perhaps my days are getting shorter, so. I want my roses to go on. Containerising them will allow my two daughters to somewhat take them home. Not leaving them to be destroyed perhaps by some non gardening whatsit.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,320
          That's probably a good idea Mike. There's also pot stands with castors attached that would make it easier for you to move them around.
          I think that's more realistic than morbid. We all have to think about these things, it's nice to leave something of ourselves behind and plants are a way of doing that. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
            +17,486
            Wish you well Mike and comfort :)
            Enjoy your roses:)

• Like Like x 1