1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Securing polycarbonate greenhouse

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Aims54, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Aims54

Aims54 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    We purchased a aluminium framed greenhouse with polycarbonate which we put up a few weeks ago and has been ok so far, but yesterday in the strong winds a few of the panels flew out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to secure the panels to the aluminium frame? They are currently held in by several clips along the frame but the panels do still move around a lot. Could do with some kind of waterproof glue or sealant to apply all around the panels but not sure what to use. I've included a photo below to hopefully help as it's hard to describe, but the metal clip does not actually hold the panels is place, I think it's just supposed to stop it from detaching completely

Thanks
    Aimee

[​IMG]

2. Richard360

Richard360 Super Gardener

Bulider
    Ratings:
    +1,069
    I would put a bead of good quality silicon round the frame and put the panels back in on that I did it to a mates and it has held them in all winter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Aims54

Aims54 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Thanks Richard. Gonna pop to B&Q later and hopefully give it a go tonight