1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Should i cut back my Croton?

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Billi, May 4, 2022.

1. Billi

Billi Gardener

Mum and student
    Ratings:
    +61
    Ive had this Croton almost a year now, last year it put out a few bushed leaves which are now a lovely red. This year its sent out these huge leaves (which will turn red in the sun) and is branching out.
    My problem is now it looks top heavy, im hesitant to prune it right back as i do love this plant, would it grow back a better shape?
    Should i leave it be for now? It will eventually get too big and need to be cut back anyway
    20220504_121112.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,933
    I'd leave it alone, it looks good to me.
    Its a plant i have always struggled with.:smile:

• Like Like x 1