Sick Bay Patient

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by trogre, Jun 20, 2017.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +279
    Hi All. My wife rescued some plants from what we call the sick bay at Homebase, just needed watering. Planted them up and I asked her what they are and she has no idea as there was no label, all she knows is they are annuals. SAM_0368.JPG Almost sure I know them but have gone brain dead which my wife tells me is often!!!! Thank for any input

• Like Like x 2
    • JazzSi

JazzSi Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,239
      Mimulus

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,686
        Beautiful colours and markings. Most mimulus I've had has been orange. When I was a kid my Dad used to call it monkey flower.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,890
          Hi trogre, Mimulus are perennials. They need a damp position in a lot of sun. We used to grow them in a trough with a gap of about two inches left at the top so we could top that up with water.and then let it soak through. They re very easy to root from cuttings if you want to have some as an insurance policy against the Winter.

• Informative Informative x 1
          • trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
            +279
            Hi All. Thanks for your input. Got to admit Mimulus was not what I was thinking off. Interesting they are perennials not annuals so will let them do their thing then take some root cuttings before transplanting to a permanent position. Good tip about leaving 2 inch gap for water.

• Friendly Friendly x 1