1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

slug killing nematodes

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Mrs cloudy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Has anyone used the slug killing nematodes that you can buy now? Ive seen them advertised but they seem quite expensive so id like to know how effective they are before shelling out.
    Thanks

2. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mrs Cloudy
    I have used nematodes before, and they work well against slugs, you do get quite a bit of coverage (water the soil, not the plants like I did the 1st time I used them!!!). They don't work against snails. Only use them when the weather is a lot warmer than now - I tend to start in June, & reapply in August, but I don't know when you'd start in your part of the world. If you have a shorter growing season, you may get away with one application. It does depend on how big your garden is too, be selective where you apply - they do "spread" a little. Hope this is helpful.
    Bayleaf
    Happy Easter by the way