1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

'Slug Stop' anyone has used this?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by bubbly, Sep 30, 2005.

1. bubbly

bubbly Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

I bought this 'Slug Stop' from the garden centre the other day. I sprinkled it around my 4 tier cheap plastic greenhouse after my plants had been destroyed by the slimy things. Anyway, my hubby and I have been out every evening for a week to hand catch them in case there are some living within the barrier. For the last few days, we had been catching about 1-2 but this evening there were 5! And I just put some more 'Slug Stop' underneath and topped up the outside barrier even though the barrier was only on week old just in case.

Now I'm just wondering if the 'Slug Stop' is not working or there are still some more slugs within the barrier.

Anyone has used this product? Any comment on this?

I have read the other posts on here regarding slugs, I like the sound of the copper mat, what do you think of this product for those who have used it?

Any comments/advices are much appreciated.

2. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Hi, I tried this stuff and it didn't work for me either. I try not to use the blue pellets for fear of harming hedgehogs, birds etc., but I have been using Fertosan quite successfully this year. It is aluminium sulphate powder, and has to be renewed after rain. For me it has worked better than any other surface dressing I've tried [except blue pellets] and also you don't get lots of oozy half dead creatures left; I think it must repel them. Try it! For containers I use this and copper wire.