1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Smashing

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by clueless1, Oct 25, 2014.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    I must remember to go out and buy a replacement fluorescent tube for the kitchen. The old one, the remains of which can be seen in this photo, tragically met its demise on Wednesday evening.

We were squashing cardboard boxes flat to go into the recycling bin. Seperately, CL1.1 is going in for his grading soon at our martial arts club, but he is lacking a bit in a couple of areas, namely his kicks, and his 'yells' ('kihap', roughly translated as 'spirit/energy yell'). So I figured we'd combine box flatting with a bit of practice. So I thought I'd name the kick and hold the box, and get CL1.1 to attempt to destroy it:)

Thing is though, of course I had to demonstrate one of the kicks I know will be in his test (because I did the same test just a few weeks ago). The jumping front kick. So I got wife to stand sideways on, holding the box at arms length, at head height. I made sure the kids were clear. I checked all directions to make sure nothing could break and nobody could get hurt. All directions that is except for the most obvious, straight up. So, I jumped as high as I could, and kicked my best kick, and BOOM, total darkness. Nobody was hurt.

I fully expected to be in the doghouse, but no, wife just seemed to look at me sympathetically, like I was just a poor fool :doh:

10406758_957606360921157_5210916987740070956_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • maria

maria Gardener

Ratings:
      +864
      oh dear! glad no one was hurt x

• Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +49,605
      @clueless1 - you probably already have, but if not it is worthwhile ensuring that the broken bulb bits are in a sealed bag, and if you used your vacuum cleaner to clear up, its worth decanting its contents in there too. Fluorescent tubes contains some pretty nasty stuff, not least mercury and phosphor, so are best treated with a deal of caution.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        I just wish you'd caught it on camera:biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
          +21,790
          You're a lethal fighting, tube-killing machine Clue! Totally fearsome lol

• Funny Funny x 5
          • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
            +19,596
            This is true. Next time I upset the mafia or the triads, I'll soon sort it out. As long as someone is willing to hold a cardboard box for me, and there is a strip light directly overhead.

• Funny Funny x 2
            • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
              At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
              Ratings:
              +49,605
              Careful with that fighting talk @clueless1 - you will upset the Greek God of Light

Osram.... :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3