1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Snowy Pics Near Newcastle Airport

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by rosa, Jan 7, 2010.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres pics i took near newcastle airport while i was waiting for hubbys flight as it was late, i walked up the hill and fell in the snow up to my knees hehe,you can see my reflection in the snow.

heres my friend waiting for me in his car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Hope your knees are ok Rosa, I wouldn't have laughed at all :hehe:
    Lovely blue sky on your photos but a lot of snow has fallen by the looks of it!
    Off to bed, catch up tomorrow :luv:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi jazmine thanks, my knees are fine i was just walking and went in the deep snow it was so funny, it was very sunny but still freezing cold up there, they had a lot of snow up newcastle airport way.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi peri thanks, this place was like a country lane across the motorway near the newcastle airport, there was certainly a lot of snow up there, the snow i fell in was soft so i was lucky.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa, love your snow photos.:gnthb:We had about the same amount when we were away over Christmas,not much down where we were staying but loads up on the hills.

I usually slip over when we walk in the snow and it is always known now as a weeee thump.{Weeee is what I say as I slip over and thump is when I hit the snow:D}

Looks like there were a couple of rally cars in your first photo.I wonder if they were between stages:D and I love the tractor tyre?:p

Thanks for sharing your photos with us:)

PS I have just been thinking with that amount of snow it would probably have covered me as I am only a little dillan{sp}:D

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy, it was nice to get some thick snow pics with the sunlight, those cars are taxis they park up there opposite the entrance to newcastle airport must be waiting for passengers then nip over to the airport as after 5 minutes in airport car park your charged.

7. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Great pics Rosa. Thank you.
    We have snow like that here too. Very pretty but not good travelling weather.
    I'm only going out when I absolutely have to. There's no word of it going away.

8. leaves

leaves Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Lovely photos Rosa

that first scene with the cars is what the road outside my house has looked like for 3 weeks now.

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks alice and leavesnbloom, well it snowing here now really coming down, just looked out the window and this girls walking along street with no coat on or anything on her head and her hair is covered in snow hehe

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I remember the days Rosa,:old: I would rather freeze as long as I looked good.:thmb:

Then you get older and more sensible...........most of the time anyway :lollol: 02