1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

So...who's looked up their house on the new Google Earth?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sussexgardener, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Horsham and most of West Sussex (it would seem) haven't been done yet. I've already checked out where I used to live in London and my parents' house in Northern Ireland (nice copper beech in the front garden:D).

2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Haven't done so yet Aaron, but will over the weekend. been a big hoo-ha about it hasn't there? Was it really clear?

cheers

3. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    There's been a huge hoo-ha about it. My partner is dead against it though, so he's delighted we haven't been "mapped" yet.

Its very clear. Put it this way, I can see the colour of the berries on the climber growing up the side of my parents house!

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,655
    Not sure if this will work ... we tried this last year and mine didn't ... so I'm putting two links up .... I'm the red dot on the right and our friends are the red dot on the left ... it's all orchards in between ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've previewed it and I can see it ...

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Works and it looks remote! Our bags are packed and we're coming to visit Victoria! :gnthb:

6. Lyn

Lyn Gardener

Industrial carpet machinist
    Ratings:
    +77
    We are not on, but my brothers house is.
    As plain as a photo you would take yourself.
    I'm not sure I like it.

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,655
    :) Evening Aaron .... what time does your plane land ..... ?

I think you are really probably talking about this thing I saw on the TV late last year with the vehicles with the space antenni (spelling?) on top ????

Don't think they would find me ... I'm sort of remote .... :hehe:

That's a 15-17 minute cycle ride to our friends ... and all the 'roads' are dirt tracks through the orchards except for a few badly tarmaced bits ....:D The big curved line behind me (some 200 meters) is the Algarve to Lisbon electrified line.

8. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    That's the one:thumb: Sounds like you're safe from their cameras for the time being. Unlike the poor bloke caught coming out of the Soho sex shop whose pic was removed from Google Earth....although not before it was viewed and published:D

9. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Do you just go in to Google Earth to get this? Being lazy I know, but I'm busy on here!

cheers

10. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably just a "fun" thing but, although it's come a bit late, we seem to be heading towards a "1984" society and, with Big Brother all around us these days, it seems to be another intrusion into our privacy which many people don't like, including myself.

11. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I've been browsing Cairns for months...my Bro in law even looked out of his window to see if I was in his road talking to him on the phone as I described his garden:hehe:

My house is only an over view as yet as I'm sure we all are....so don't panic,as long as you aren't building a missile launcher you'll be fine:D

12. maryinbrum

maryinbrum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not happy about this at all !
    Some chap has got my road on this thing and its a bloody good job that I had got the curtains closed at the time. I think its way too intrusive and as I am a very private person, I dont want the world gawping in my front garden, I might have me rollers in or be putting the bin bags out in my wellies and PJ`s. How very dare they !!!!!

13. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If fellow forum members gawped into my front garden at the moment I'd probably be banned for life. Must get the rollers out of my hair, put the wellies on and start having a tidy-up!

14. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,523
    Sounds great. I'll have to try getting this. I have too, too many overhead trees to worry about window lurking, LOL.

15. L plate gardener

L plate gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    oooh im addicted!!!! :lol:

ive been all over the world!! from the gates of graceland to the eiffel tower to miami beach!! and many stops in between!

My area ( a small village about 15 miles from Notts) is not on , but my home city of Aberdeen is on, and i have been to look at my old family homes, my old places of work and allsorts!! its GREAT.

I dont personally see any problem with it, anyone in the world could walk down your street, look over your fence and see a helluva lot more!!

love it!! :up: