1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Songs with meanings

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Purple Streaks, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Purple Streaks

Purple Streaks Gardener

Ratings:
    +720
    What songs bring back memories to you?
    For me it was "A Question of Balance" by "The Moody Blues"

I'm always reminded by my other half of the happenings...........there we were on our first date .... and next thing I knew I'd fell off my tall bar stool first time of wearing my new 7inch heels !!!!!

And what was being played ?????? but Question of Balance!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,600
      There are so many! :)

Way back in my younger years I'd met up with my other half in a riverside pub on the Thames in London after work. We were heading off for a dinner/dance on a boat with his parents. I went off to the 'Ladies' to change etc. and as I was emerging found, embarrassingly, all eyes on me. :doh: I was wearing a full length bright red dress and this was playing.....

chris de burgh lady in red youtube - Bing video

• Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      First and only request. Val had given birth to the first of our two daughters in hospital. I requested on the hospital radio network. When I fall in love. By Nat King Cole. We listened to it during visiting time.

At Val's funeral, I had it played. YES eight and a half years on. The words remain faithful and true.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      • john558

john558 Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +8,295
        My late partner, Maureen used to go Salsa & Smooth Jive dancing, at her funeral we had Dancing Queen by Abba played. I can't listen to that song now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1