1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Sourcing Summer Bulbs

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by AndyS, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AndyS

AndyS Gardener

Ratings:
    +50
    Hi,

I could do with a big old sack load of mixed summer flowering bulbs. Seems pretty easy to find spring flowering bulbs in bulk but less so summer bulbs. Value for money is key as opposed to rare/unusual varieties. For planting in full sun, clay soil, sheltered site, East Yorkshire location.

Can anyone point me towards a decent supplier/outlet?

Or am I best off just trawling Wilko's, B&Q and the other usual high street suspects for their reduced bits and bobs and 3 for £5 type offers?

Thanks,

Andy

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    The Range were selling small sacks of Gladiolii and some other summer bulbs a few weeks back; might be worth taking a look. They tend to be mixed colours though, so if you are wishing to keep to a colour scheme they may not be quite what you are looking for.

I have purchased day lilies from the Pound Shop before now and all flowered so check out those shops too. I've bought Calla Lilies from the same shop (Zantedeschia) but none were the colour as described on the packet. Can't complain at a pound though. They also sell packs of Gladiolii (10) for a pound but with the same proviso e.g. may not be the colour on the pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Andy, Parkers, Avon Bulbs and all the well known seed companies sell all sorts of summer bulbs right now. :)
      You could visit locally too but at least compare varieties available and prices online.
      Not keen on big old sacks of mixed bulbs preferring to buy named varieties, colours, etc. You then get less but often better quality bulbs. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1