1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Sowing above Bulbs?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by kriss, Mar 30, 2019.

1. kriss

kriss Gardener

Ratings:
    +79
    Once my daffs and tulips die back, could I sow cornflowers and Nigella directly above them?

It occurred to me this would mark their location in the borders and maximise space.

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,321
      I would say yes ... but with the leaves of the daffs dieing back may take ages as you dont want them effecting the new seedlings popping up why dont you plants some in pots then plant them out where the daffs are and keep a eye out for slugs and snails hideing in the daff folliage

• Agree Agree x 1
      • kriss

kriss Gardener

Ratings:
        +79
        I’ve sowed nigella and cornflower in small pots. The seedlings always pop up and look quite terrible though!

If you have a 9cm pot... how many nigella seeds do you think you should have in it?

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
        +12,321
        1 in each corner and one in the middle after quality not quantity

• Like Like x 1