1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring flower

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by hans, Sep 30, 2005.

1. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745
    I would like some help with identifing a spring flower, no photo. From memory and 10 years ago. Tall'ish 18" or more? from a bulb I would think, Yellow, may be slightly mottled with noticable orange/ brown stamens. Strong aroma. The 'Petals', 4 or 5 possibly, curled around to form a circular shape almost like a bow. I can't remember if they curled up or hung down. These were in a very old garden and the owners [friends from Bristol] have passed on. I would like to grow some in their memory.

2. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Hi, This sounds like a turkscap lily to me, if the petals are curled back. Thompson and Morgan have a good lily section with pictures- have a look, see what you think.

3. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745