Stihl or Shindawai combi tools

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by flowerpotty, Aug 24, 2008.

1. flowerpotty

flowerpotty Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at buying a combination stimmer hedgetrimmer attachments and power unit. I have weighed up the prices and Shindawai are 250 pounds cheaper than stihl, comparing attachments and the km85 stihl power unit. The Shindawai tools have a splined shafts like stihl and chrome plated cylinders according to the literature.

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Get the stihl.

If the shindawi, ( imo short for shi* !!!!!) machine breaks it will take the dealer a long time to get in spares whatever he pretends at the time you buy it. stihl spares are available next day to the dealers and things like line heads are available off the counter. The stihl bump feed head is efective.

Stihl engines are farr stronger and better built unlike these cheapo chinky/ japanese machines hence the higher price tag.

3. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I got a Sthil km100r with the 4 mix engine (not to sure what difference that is though to be honest lol ) an its a great tool :D got the strimmer head hedge cutter and cultivator definately worth the money :D

4. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    IMO, in pro use the shared engine unit is a flawed principle.

If the strater pull breaks then your without both your hedge trimmer and your strimmer until you fix it, I can see the storadge advantadges and £s savings though and its a brilliant principle for less regular use.

Personally with the hours my machines do and the power requirments ie 45cc clearing saw id rather have seperate individual tools. Thats said Ive used one before and was pleasntly suprised by it (the cultivator).

5. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well ive got a bigger strimmer to i mainly bought the combi to save space in the van an i use the strimmer most days cos i dont need anything to big day to day :D

i also keep a spare pull start for it :thumb: an me hedge cutter to :thumb:

6. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Do you like the cultivator? As i say I was very impreseed with it.

Obviusly its not in the leauge as my cammon C8 but for getting a fine tilth on small areas or new beds etc it is superb.

7. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah its quite good allthough i dont use it overmuch to be honest but i got a good deal when i bought the lot lol