1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Strawberries Still Setting Fruit

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Mike77, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    This is the first year I have grown strawberries and it has been pretty successful. However it seems my Mara des Bois plants are still setting fruit pretty heavily. Is this not a bit late on in the season and are they likely to ripen at this stage? I'm in Scotland

Cheers
    Mike

2. Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,686
    Mike, I'm in Scotland too, and although I don't have strawberries I am finding buds on my roses, and other plants suddenly bursting into flower. I don't understand it.... normally it's a bit miserable to be gardening in Scotland (at least here in the west). I don't know much about strawberry growing, but I would have thought September would be too late to see them ripening. Would it be possible to move them under glass and see if the added heat does the trick?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Glass is a good move :thumbsup:

I'm not in the frozen north, but i'm still picking strawberries here :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
        +172
        Won't be able to get them under any glass this year, too many projects on the go. Mara des Bois are everbearing so I guess they just keep flowering until the weather goes bad. I notice my blackberries are still flowering as well