Solved Strawberry like plant

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by N.N, Jul 12, 2019.

1. N.N

N.N Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    Anybody knows what is this plant?

It's kind of everywhere in the garden. Las year I had cut it early with the grass. This year when I looked at it. I thought that it might be wild strawberry. I let it grow and see what happens but I think that its not strawberry. I've put some pictures there. Not sure if its clear but I have a close up of the berry type of initial fruit thing.. They've been like that for a while now and if you press it a bit the spikey looking things come out and look like seeds. The plant had yellow flowers in the beginning.

Anyone has an idea of what it is?

Straberry like plant 1.jpg Straberry like plant 2.jpg Straberry like plant 3.jpg

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer PLANTAHOLIC

Semi retired amateur plantaholic gardener
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    • Like Like x 1
    • alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
      Ratings:
      +2,618
      It's a pain to get rid of @N.N - it's a bit like a chameleon and not noticed in my crowded borders until the flowers come out.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
        Ratings:
        +14,124
      • N.N

N.N Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +10
        Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting plant. Need to read more to see what uses it may have and how I could use it. Apparently you can eat the leaves, the roots have clove aroma and it has been used medicinally but I guess more research is needed.

Yeah it kind of make out of nowhere and before I could tell it was everywhere.

Yeah will try to cut the seed pods before all the garden is full of these. I have the same problem with Green Alkanet. The flowers attract a lot of bees and insects but need to be careful cause if you let it seed on the ground is game over.